10.11.2007

No More Car Accidents!

Well, a few weeks after Leslie was hit, and her car totalled, I was hit. I was driving straight, about to go through a green light, when a girl that was stopped at a red light in the left turn lane pulled out into my lane and hit the driver's side of my car. To my surprise, she just took off. As she was driving away, I memorized her license plate number. I started to call the police when I looked up and saw a cop car about 20 feet away in a parking lot. The cop didn't see the accident, but I pulled over to him and gave him the girl's license plate number. To make a long story short(er), the girl turned left a few streets down and almost hit a cop that was giving someone a ticket. After she passed the cop, some guy pulled up to the cop and told him that the girl driving the car had just hit another car and run. The girl had pulled into her apartment complex, but the cop was able to find her car. She refused to take breathalyzer test and to tell the cops what medications she was on (she told one of the cops, "You're not a doctor!"). Luckily, she has insurance because I only have liability on my car. The driver's side back door won't open and there's some pretty good damage to the driver's door (maybe I'll post some pictures later).
Lesson: Don't get in a car with me or Leslie - not because WE are bad drivers, but because the bad drivers seem to find us.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

you guys and your luck. maybe you should try public transportation! I am glad you weren't hurt!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

glad you are OK and that they caught the crazy lady. :)

We'll pick you guys up from now on to go anywhere! Just make sure your bad luck stays in your cars. :)

Jon said...

You guys are like magnets to wild stallions, bunny rabits, and intoxicated showgirls.

Laurene said...

Who coined the phrase "everything comes in threes"? No matter. We are not the superstitious type, are we?
P.S. For whatever it's worth: I really really like the spelling of M-i-l-l-i-e and that is what I voted for. Grandmas always like to throw their weight around you know, even if this Grandma will never be Millie's grandma!
We are so excited for you! Best wishes!