9.17.2009

So sad!



Millie fell down some stairs yesterday, and unfortunately it was her face that broke her fall on the concrete. I have never felt so bad in my entire life as I did when I saw what happened to her face - it's the worst case of road rash I've ever seen on a little kid! The first time she saw herself in the mirror after it happened she cried, and then I started crying - it was so sad! She is a tough girl though and only cried for a few minutes once it happened. I'm just praying there is no scarring since she has such sensitive skin. I took her over to play with her cousin Libby who is a year older than her, and Libby was afraid of her because of her face. So sad!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

that is so sad!! Poor Millie!! Give her a kiss from me!

Steph said...

Aww Les, that is so sad. Mylie had a similar experience with a terrible cut around her eye too. I was very afraid it would scar, but it was just fine. Hugs to both of you!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

That is so sad! Poor Mil. What a trooper, though!

Reagan Family said...

I hate when they get hurt! Poor little girl!

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Poor Millie! I feel so bad for her too! Hope it doesn't hurt too bad still.

The Cook Clan said...

Ouchy ouchy! Mckenna fell down my parents stair this morning and cracked her cheek and lip on the hard wood floors. Scared me and now she has a really bruised cheek and cut up lip. Millie's looks much worse. Poor kiddo!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

oh my gosh, that is terrible! poor millers. that has got to hurt. nate took a major fall the other day but it was his elbows & knees that took the beating!

Anonymous said...

Oh her poor little face. I hope she gets better soon. :)