3.26.2009

Mall of America with the girls

For my mom's birthday, we surprised her with a trip to the Mall of America in Minneapolis. Why, you ask? It's been her dream for years to go there, and I swear she talks about it once a week to someone. So with a little help from my dad, we arranged the whole thing for her, and it was so much fun. All I can say is shopping straight for 2 days without your kid or spouse, who I might add would rather be doing anything else, is wonderful! The only downside was since I'm prego, I didn't really buy any clothes for me, just one shirt. Junior who isn't even alive yet is the one that got completely spoiled! Let's just say by the time I'd hit the kids section in H&M and Baby Gap, my suitcase was pretty full. And Millie and Ryan both got a little something, too. It was so much fun just spending time with the girls - our hotel room was a suite with 2 separate bedrooms connected with a living room/kitchen, so literally we were always together. The only downside was that of course I got sick and it turned out to be kidney stones....again!!! So take away the migraine, puking, pains in my back, and throwing up in a shoe box in my brother's car on they way home (again, sorry about that Scott, Jones, Julieanne, and Marshall) it was a fantastic 4 day weekend! A few highlights from the trip: The rides at Nickelodeon Studios (I snuck in a few roller coasters...hope Junior enjoyed them!), seeing my sister from Florida, getting makeovers at the Mac make-up store, spending well over an hour in baby Gap alone cause I just couldn't help myself, lots of yummy food and treats, watching Twilight in our hotel room, and being with the girls.

Thanks girls for such a fun trip! Next time let's pick somewhere warm, even though we were inside a mall the whole time!

One of the many restaurants we ate at, yummy Italian food!

We saw the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" while we were there - I thought it was very fitting! Wow, I really look pregnant there...yuck!

Heading out for more on day 2!
Talking on the phone to Millie

13 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

HOW FUN!!!! That is so awesome that you did that for your mom. And 2 days of straight shopping??? What girl could ask for more?!?! I'm glad you had a good time with the girls! I know what you mean about shopping when you're prego though... just not as exciting. :(

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What a fun trip! Girls trips are the best. And I'll never believe you again when you say you look fat and prego because you look great.

Camille said...

What a fun trip- I've always wanted a girls trip- but all my friends are lamos that can't stand to be away from their kids/hubby's OR they work! LAME! I leave at the drop of a hat....he he he....
ONe day- I'll hit up the mall of america! ;)
Congrats on being prego- I didn't know that....

The Extreme Home Makeover show from Vegas will air on May 10th! It was super fun....I just woudnt' leave before it was over- Jonathan left Noah and I there about an hour earlier! lOL

Camille said...

BTW- so sorry you get kidney stones- I got them with both pregnancy's!! Horrible! I just looked too- it's a boy! How fun- one of each is ideal- specially if you get overwhelmed and decide two is enough...for now anyway... LOL
I can't believe you are that far along and barley show- at least not in pictures...

Katie said...

I was a highlight of your trip?! Wow, I had no idea. I guess you were too, even though you crawled in my bed in the middle of the night! We definitely have to do it again sometime. I'm thinkin' NYC sounds pretty fun. Either way, I still think you should just hop on a plane with Millie and come down and see me for a week. I'm startin' to get a little tan and you could get one too. Come on...you need a little getaway before #2 comes along.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like a great time! You give me ideas for my mom's next big birthday! :)

Reagan Family said...

Isn't that mall fun? My grandma lives like 15 minutes from it. We love going there!! And you were worried about shopping for junior...:) How are you feeling these days? You look good!

Laura said...

That is a trip of a life time. How fun!!

Karyn said...

Leslie, did you leave a pampered chef measuring cup at Grandpa's in Oct.?

Lyndsay said...

No comments about your obnoxious big sister? Thanks for leaving all my fun joking comments out of the blog! :) You know I just love to mess with you, right? My highlight was sharing a bed with you and you waking me up in the middle of the night because you were sick- thank goodness I could say "Go get mom!" And back to sleep I went! ha ha! It was a great trip!

Mich and Nate said...

What a FUN weekend!!!!!!! I am so glad you guys got to do that! I can't wait to come shop with you so we can find stuff for both of our junior. I never thought it would be more fun to buy clothes for someone other than myself! I feel horrible that you are still so sick :( I will pray that it fianlly goes away. PS. you look GREAT in all the pics and not preg one bit!!!

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, sounds like a blast! That is crazy how much you all look alike. Are the two sister in laws? Very fun trip!

Jillian said...

You and your sisters look a lot alike. It's so much fun to get away with just the girls. It will be neat when Millie joins the group.