7.29.2009

The Chickenpox, are you kidding me?

That's what I wanted to say to the doctor yesterday when he told us that's what Millie has. So much for a vaccine, right? On the bright side, since she has been vaccinated, he said it should be a much milder case and hopefully the outbreak of pox won't be as bad. But in the meantime, my poor little baby is covered in big red spots that are suppose to eventually blister, and then scab over. And how in the world do I keep a 1 year old from itching her body? What an exciting couple of days we have ahead of us! I'm just praying now that I don't go into early labor (which is in direct contradiction of what I have been praying for for the last month!) so that this little guy doesn't have to worry about getting it. July has not been a fun health month for the Andrus family, so heaven help us if we contract anymore illnesses/diseases before it's over!

One bright spot in all this mess is that Millie is now officially sleeping in a twin bed! It honestly has been the easiest transition, thankfully, and it's pretty cute to see her sleeping in a "big girl bed". She can easily get on and off of it, but for whatever reason, when she wakes up from her naps or in the mornings, she just lays there and waits until we come and get her; it's almost as if she thinks she can't get down on her own. We'll see how long this lasts (it's been 2 weeks), but for now, we are loving it!

The other fun part was that once we got Millie's furniture setup, we were able to move the baby furniture over into the other room for this little guy. His room isn't completely done (I still have a few bare walls), but it's definitely getting there. And I have to say I actually really like decorating in "boy colors"....who knew? I'll post pics once it really is done.

14 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

So sad that little Mil has the chicken pox. I hope it passes by quickly.

I love her room - it is so cute!

Candace said...

Oh no!! Where do you think she got that from?!?!? Poor Millie. :(
I ALMOST bought that same bedding for Sloane... Her room is still going to be in green and blue though(which it is right now as well). I am just not a pink person I guess. I am encouraged by your success on the "big girl bed!"

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What a crappy vaccine! :) Poor little thing. Better now than when the baby arrives, right? But I guess that could be any day now . . .

LOVE the bedding. It looks great on her "big girl" bed. You are one lucky mama that she's pretty low-key! Good job, Millie.

JCLS said...

That is such cute bedding Les! I hope she feels better and that you get some sleep before baby comes.....can you believe it is so soon?

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry she is sick. I love her bed. Be so glad she stays in bed that is awesome. Can't wait for your new little addition.

ReRe

Steph said...

Oh poor Millie! I hope she is all over it by the time baby gets here. And her bed is so cute!! I can't believe she is in a big girl bed already. Mylie did that too, she would stay in her bed until I went to get her. So cute.

The Balls said...

I'm sorry Les! What a crapper! However Millie's room looks SOOOO CUTE! I just saw that quilt in PB and I fell in love with it! I too am working on the "BIG" transition, however Cannon's room is nowhere close to being done! Let me know if you need anything!

The Cook Clan said...

What a stinkin' cute bed! I am so scared to move Mckenna over for the fact that I get her up right now when I want her out. I don't want her running all over the place. How sad that she has chickenpox. Hopefully she gets over it quickly.

Camille said...

The same thing happened to Carlaya. She didn't get many spots at a time, but when her "5" went away from her back, she'd get like 3 on her belly...once they were gone like 7 on her legs. It just kept up at a slow pace for a month! AAGH! Luckily no once else got it and for the most part she didn't really itch.

I'm excited to see you sweet little boy. It's fun to have one of each. I love the big girl bed too- darling!

Kiley said...

where did you get her cute bed? we're thinking of doing that transition soon but hadley will not be as good as Millie!! We miss you guys and can't believe you are having a baby so soon! its flown for us!

Kiley said...

k that was the same bed we were looking at at ikea! its so freakin cute with her cute bedding on it! hope millie is feeling better

Andrus Family said...

Sorry Kiley, I am slow to respond! Yes, the bed is from IKEA and we've loved it! Highly recommend it.

Jillian said...

Chicken pox! What a bummer. I am amazed at Millie's twin bed transition. Having the transition go so smoothly is very rare.

Mich and Nate said...

I love the bedding! I am SO sorry about the Chicken pox...poor little thing. I can't believe that you are having that little guy so soon. I am so excited for our little dudes to be friends. Are they still taking you the 11th??? I hope her pox are cleared by then. Keep me updated! :) Good LUCK!!!!