What a week it has been for us! I still can't believe our baby is here with us already. It all started Tuesday night around 9 PM. I was on my way out the door to go to a movie with the girls in my family, but I decided to just check on Millie real quick. I peeked in her room and she was still awake, so I laid by her on her bed and was just playing with her hair. I had the thought that August 5th would be a good day to have a baby, since the #5 is my favorite number (dorky thought, I know). Then I had a contraction, which was nothing new at that point, and then it was seriously like the Hoover Dam broke, and out gushed endless amounts of fluid. By the time I realized what had just happened, I jumped out of Millie's bed because my first thought was I didn't want to get her new bedding wet (again, dorky thought). Ryan was downstairs and had the other end of the monitor with him, so I grabbed the one in Millie's room and yelled into it "Get up here NOW". Then out to the hallway I ran and just stood there, leaking fluid, not knowing what to do next. When he finally made it to the top of the stairs, I told him what had happened, and he threw down some choice words asking me if I was kidding. Hello, I'm clearly soaked from my waist down, and I'm standing in a puddle....no, I'm not kidding. By the time we got our bags packed, a few phone calls made, and I had somewhat cleaned myself up, an hour had passed. It seemed that Millie could tell something was wrong, cause when I went into her room again she was just sitting up and staring. We then loaded her into the car and headed to my parents house to drop her off for the night. At about 10:30 we finally checked into the Women's Center at Jordan Valley, and then 8 hours later Tyler entered the world. My delivery was great, only like 3 pushes. However, leading up to that was no fun. Neither Ryan or I got any sleep that night, and I just felt nauseous the whole time. But it could have been worse, so I can't complain. As Ryan said, we did end up staying an extra night because Tyler's jaundice levels were high, but in the end it was kind of nice to have a forced extra day of rest at the hospital. So far we've had 1 great night, and 1 sleepless night, so we'll see what tonight brings. All in all, he's been a pretty good eater, and he's just so cute to look at and cuddle with. Millie loves to point at him and say "baby" and we're working on getting her to say his name. So far she's been okay with having him around, and mostly she just likes to know where he is. She also likes to point out his features and say what they are, just sometimes she's not so gentle...we're working on that. We love our baby boy and are so happy he's here and he's healthy. And can you believe he doesn't have red hair like Millie? We are totally shocked that it's dark like mine was. So it'll be interesting to see what color it turns to. Thanks for all of the phone calls, texts, and drop ins! We are so lucky to have such good family and friends!
I thought this was funny how Mil's finger was just barely touching his head!
What's the consensus, do Mil and Ty look alike? I can kind of see it.
These were the sweet shades he had to wear while under the lamps - too cute!
17 comments:
He is so cute! I am glad you are doing good. Let me know if you need anything! I want to come visit but I will call you! :) Rest up, you have two kiddos now!
He is precious!The cutest thing ever!! Crazy story tho!!! :) Let us know if you need anything!
Oh Leslie-He is adorable! I do think he looks like Millie. Good thing your water broke at home and not at the movies, that might have sucked a little. I am still waiting and hoping this little one comes soon.....maybe I will have her on your actual due date since you had Ty on almost mine!
Congrats--he is adorable. Of course we missed you guys at the reunion but are happy you have Ty here and everyone is doing great. Love you guys!
He is so cute! thanks for the pics, you know I can't get enough of them, and I think he looks just like Mill!! Also, that 2nd picture of him, where Millie is touching his head, His hair looks a little red to me there. He is adorable!
How fun and exciting! The pictures are super cute.
What a cutie! I'm glad Millie is adjusting well.
We think Millie and Tyler look ALOT alike!
You look great! He is so dang cute! does Millie just seem so big now that you have a newborn around?! Hope you have more good nights a head of you!! no more sleepless ones
I totally think Ty and Mil look alike! He is such a cutie! Let me know if you need anything! We'll have to steal Millie away for a cousin playdate! :)
Awww Les, he is so adorable! That first pic of Millie holding him is so precious. It is so fun to have 2. I think the best part of it is watching the two of them develop a relationship. Mylie and Blake are seriously the best of buddies, it is so fun. Congrats to you guys!!
He is so adorable! I love the how Millie's finger is touching his head too. I'm glad everything went well. So cute!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Is it the cutest little man ever! I am SO glad that everything went so well. I have been dying to hear the story about how he decided to come! 3 pushes, you are a champ! How are you feeling??? Give me a call when things start to calm down and you feel like chatting. I have so many questions for you! You have the cutest family ever! Also, I need to get your addresss :)
I totally think they look alike. I love the picture where Mil's holding him. I'm going to bring you dinner when Ryan goes back to work next week!
That is so awesome Leslie! He is a cutie for sure! Glad you and baby are doing well! Congrats!
Such a cute family! I am so glad Ty made it here safe and all went well. I think he has a little of you and Ryan in him. Such a cutie!!
Congratulations! He is adorable!!
congratulations to the andrus family! he is so, so cute! i wish i could give him a squeeze. and you look fantastic, leslie!!! i'm glad all went well with your delivery. you are a beautiful family of 4!
Post a Comment