I have to admit, having one of your kids turn 2 is pretty fun. Millie's birthday was last week, and I think she had a pretty fun day. We'd been practicing blowing out candles all week, so I think that was probably her favorite part. She knew she was turning 2 years old, that she was having a pizza party, and that she was going to open presents and blow out candles. That morning when she woke up, I went into her room with a mini cupcake and a lit candle. I started to sing the happy birthday song, and she sat right up, got the biggest smile on her face, and started to sing with me - very memorable for me, at least!
Then I let her eat the cupcake for breakfast - isn't it funny how something so small can make such a big mess!
We went to lunch that day with friends at Chik-fil-A thinking that they'd have fun playing around in the play area. But nope, instead they had to run around the restaurant like crazy kids. It was pretty funny, even though I didn't want to admit it! I even took in my camera thinking I'd snag a few photos, but yeah, that wasn't happening- no way were the kiddos gonna hold still long enough for that to happen!
That night we had a pizza party with my family and it was such a fun time. Millie loved the balloons, the party hats, the presents, but I think her favorite was again being sung to, and blowing out the candles.
Happy Birthday Millie - we love you!
3 comments:
She is so adorable!
So fun! I love birthdays. Cute idea with the cupcake!
I don't know that I've ever seen a kid who is such a perfect blend of both their parents. I look at Millie's photos and I can see you and Ryan sooo clearly--you done good :)
Post a Comment