2.04.2010

Simply Utah = Simply Amazing!!

Okay, my title is kinda dorky, but oh well! If you haven't already heard, my sister and I have started a new business called Simply Utah (simplyUT.com), and we launched it this week. Let me just tell you how much fun I am having, along with a lot of stress and lack of sleep! To be brief, Simply Utah features a company every weekday and promotes one of their products at a discount for that day. We are also striving to become the largest online directory for small businesses, so that when someone is looking for a particular product, they will be able to go there and find multiple companies that offer what they need. And lastly, we have an "events" tab on our homepage that updates you on local boutiques in the state of Utah.

Why did I do this you may ask? As a "stay at home mom", I've found I have so much extra time on my hands and I didn't know what to do with it.....WRONG! My days already are jammed pack and I can't tell you exactly what with, but the hours fly by! I only have two kids and neither are in school, extra curricular activities, etc, so it's hard to pinpoint sometimes where all my time goes, but it goes nonetheless. Let's just say I didn't want to "lose myself" and not have something to call my own. While I have definitely created a lot more work for myself, it's exciting to set a goal and meet it. I think sometimes I feel like I don't "accomplish" much as a mother, and I know that is so not true, but it happens. When you go from being a full time employee, to a full time mom, it can be a hard transition...even 2 years later! So to cut to the chase, I wanted to take on something and see where it takes me.

So here's to the journey of Simply Utah! Please tell everyone you know about it, or add our button to your blog, or become our fan on facebook. We need all the help we can get to make this thing successful! We have some awesome companies that are going to be featured in the future, so please check back daily to see their sweet products. And if you know anyone that would like to join our site, our directory is totally free, so tell them to contact us at info@simplyut.com.

Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Mich and Nate said...

Yahoo!!! I am SOOO proud of you! I think it's great you guys have the courage to start something up like this! I know how you feel about not knowing where time goes, and I only have ONE kid! I also get ya and wanting to have something to call your own. The days I sub I get all excited to go accomplish something.

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

I think this is so awesome! I wish you guys the best of luck! If I can figure out how to add your botton to my blog I totally will - I may need some direction. :o)

Laura said...

Leslie- You are awesome. I will add a button to my blog. What a great idea.

The Cook Clan said...

How cool! Congrats!