12.16.2010

Fun in December

We've done this one other time, but this year we decided to get a permit to cut down our own Christmas tree, and I think this is a tradition we might keep! We were able to go up to Heber one Friday afternoon with the help of Ryan's Dad and brother, and it was an adventure. Ty and I actually just stayed in the car since we didn't know how far they'd have to hike up the mountain, but Millie went on her dad's shoulders and had a ball!


We also went to Temple Square this week, which was Millie's first time going there. We showed her the Temple and explained that that's where mommy and daddy got married, and she was so fascinated with that and just kept saying "I want to get married there". . . let's hope that sticks! Ty, on the other hand, just kept saying "Baaa" at the sheep!

Lastly, Ryan and I were able to go to the Jazz game the other night with some friends, and we had floor seats with dinner provided. Let's just say it was awesome, and I'm now going to be a snob and not go to a game again unless it's like that! And yes I'm a geek and had my picture taken down there - can you blame me??

We are very excited for Christmas at our house, and I'm afraid once January comes and it all goes away that Millie is going to be so sad! I think maybe I will be, too! Happy Holidays to you all!

2 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

Sounds like you really have been having a lot of fun! I love that picture of Ryan and Millie - so cute! January is always kind of a hard month because there isn't much to look forward to, but at least Millie can look forward to her birthday. :o)

Mindy said...

Fun! Floor seats? I need friends in high places too...:) I just love Millie! (and Ty too)