1.23.2011

Happy Birthday Millie!

Millie turned 3 this last week, and what a week it was. I feel like we've been partying for 3 straight days, and my house looks like it, too! Her actual birthday was on Thursday, and we had a lot of fun that day. We went to lunch at Wingers with some family, saw the movied Tangled for the second time with her little cousin Libby, and then headed out for pizza at Rock Creek that night with some more family - that's my kind of day, where you don't have to cook!


The following day she had a little friend party, and by little I mean there were 15 kids there! This was my first experience in throwing a child's birthday party, and while it was a tad stressful (only because I made it that way!), I had a lot of fun planning for it. Since she was going to have girls and boys at the party, I knew we had to choose a theme that worked for both, so we went with a cowgirl/cowboy birthday party. My awesome SIL made this adorable shirt for Millie to wear - I LOVE how it turned out!

So the party started out by dressing the kids up like cowboys/cowgirls with some bandanas, cowboy hats, sheriff badges, and of course no cowboy is complete without a mustache on a stick!

(We're missing a few kids in these pics - it was a little hard trying to get them to all line up and hold still for a picture!!)

Then we played some awesome (I use that term loosely) games, like toss the bean bag in your cowboy hat, pin the mustache on the outlaw, and we even tried to lasso some horses! The kids were really cute playing the games, so it made it a lot of fun. Next it was time for presents, and I must admit Millie got so spoiled! She got so many fabulous gifts - thanks friends!

And then finally the cake. . . sorta. Since I don't know a thing about decorating cakes, I went with the 'ole Dunford chocolate chocolate donuts, accompanied by some chocolate milk - yum!

(I had to throw in a picture of this cute little guy!)
And last but not least, my favorite item from the party was the little party favor I made - cowgirl cookies in a jar! It had all of the dry ingredients needed to make chocolate chip and M&M cookies, with the recipe on the back of the jar - I thought they turned out really cute, and I even had an extra jar so I tried them out and they were really good!!

Overall, it was a such a fun couple of days, and I think I'd even venture to do this again! Thanks everyone for coming, and helping us celebrate Millie's 3rd birthday! And Millie, we love you and hope you had a great birthday!

12 comments:

Candace said...

Sloane had a blast! Nice that she is the only kid who wouldn't wear a hat or hold up a mustache! You did an amazing job... The cowboy cookies were probably my favorite part. :)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Happy Birthday Millie! We're so glad that we got to be a part of all the festivities! The party looks like it was a success - I wish I could have come! (We're trying out the cookies tonite!) She looks adorable in her cowgirl shirt. I still can't believe she is three!

B said...

Holy cow! SOOO cute!! A cowgirl party!? Stop!! That is the cutest thing ever!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

The party looks ADORABLE! You did a great job - I love all of the details.

And I love those Andrus prints in your entry. Are those from a vintage poster? I might be copying.

Mich and Nate said...

Cutest bday party ever! Millie looked like a rockstar, loved it! Okay, so did you truly make all those party favors? When did you get all crafty homemaker on me? I am gonna steal the doughnut cake idea, that was the best!

Katie said...

I love her crooked smile. We are sad we missed the big event. Maybe next year...

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

You definitely did a great job! I love when birthday's last more than one day! That's how it should be. :o)
Millie is such a cute little girl!

Julie G. said...

Leslie- We felt spoiled too! The boys had such a great time and are still loving their hats. We also made the cookies yesterday! Delicious! Thanks again.

The Balls said...

Look at you! You are quite the little hostess! That was seriously so cute! I am very impressed my friend.

thetoddfamily said...

Tavin had a blast at the party!!! Happy Birthday Millie!!

Kiley said...

What a cute party! We did a "horsie/cowboy" party for Hadley, it looks like yours was a success. No one would keep their cowboy attire on at our party!

The Ceder House's said...

Hey Leslie! So I found your blog from Elisa's- sorry I am stalking you:) Hudson had a lot of fun! He kept saying "I want to go again Mommy". Oh my word- that must have taken a lot of work- you are way too creative!!! Such cute ideas!!! Um- yeah that is my kid that is blocking Millie and hovering over the presents- sorry.

Jackie Cederholm

ps I have a blog too- its set to private so shoot me an email if you want to- its lame- just pics of my kids (you don't have to) jackiecederholm@gmail.com