3.07.2008

Baby Blessing

This past weekend we were up in Utah to bless Millie so that our immediate families could be there. It was such a fun day and everything went so well. And Millie looked adorable - I only forgot one thing, and that was her little bracelet, darn it! Other than that, things went great. I always thought I'd never cry when this day came, but I was a tad wrong....I bawled! It was just such a neat feeling having Ryan give her a blessing, and it is something I will remember the rest of my life. She was awake through the whole thing, but luckily didn't cry. And when Ryan held her up when it was over to show the congregation, she was so alert and had big eyes looking at everyone - it was seriously the cutest moment.




I also love the picture below. It is of Millie and my nephew Marshall who was born 2 days after her. He was also blessed on the same day, so we snagged a few pics of them together - how cute are they??

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Those are so cute!! She is a beautiful little thing.

Steph said...

Aww, she is so cute! That pic of her and Marshall is too cute. I told Julieanne that it must have been a popular day in the Hammond family because we blessed Blake that day also.

Jon said...

breathtaking!!

Nick and Amera said...

Leslie,
You might not remember me, I often look at your blog because your a cute girl and your baby is BEAUTIFUL! She is amazing!! its me Amera Jarvis, Des Neilson's friend. We may have hung out a time or two. Anyway, never leave a comment cause I dont know how awkard it would be, but I had to let you know that your little Millie is Amazingly Beautiful! Its a mom's job to cry at the baby blessing, its the best experience ever! You guys did good!
Amera

Nick and Amera said...

Ok, I made a typo on my last comment, I meant to say, I never leave a comment cause I dont know how awkward it would be....... I left out the...I...anyway, It sounds like I told you to not leave a comment.....hope you get my drift.

Scott said...

I think Millie is saying, "Don't worry Marshall. You won't be that chubby forever."

3 Men & a Lady said...

What a doll! She looked so beautiful! I'm so glad her (and your) special day turned out so nicely!

The Cook Clan said...

Very cute pictures. She is such a little cutie. I think hearing your little baby blessing is one of the sweetest things. Good luck with Millie. Cherish the moments they grow fast. Our little doll is already 4 months old.

Nick and Amera said...

I would love to do your hair when you move back to utah! I love my job, so I promise to do a good job! Its fun to look at your blog, your little family is so cute and Millie is making me baby hungry for a little girl someday! So fun! Keep in touch and let me know when your around to do your hair!

Nick and Amera said...

p.s. Jill Bastian left me a message on her blog, but I cant leave her one cause its private....if you talk to her, tell her to let me in so I can leave her a comment! thanks!

familyof4 said...

Hi Leslie!

It's Kara Wood from the ward! Very cute pics!

Here's our website.

http://wood-family01.blogspot.com/

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

She is so darn cute! Can she play ball yet?

Andrus Family said...

Only if she gets her skills from her mama, and not her daddy!