So I don't know how many of you felt like you got dumber during/after pregnancy, but let's just say I currently hold the title! Lately I do things and I have no idea why I do them. For example: last week I locked Millie and myself out of the house and I had no cell phone on me. We had to go to the neighbors house to try to track down Ryan and then sit and wait for him to come save us. Example #2: I have been pumping more and more lately, and I found myself instead of putting the milk in the fridge where it should be stored, I put it in the microwave! #3: I was warming up a bottle of formula to take to church, and i wanted to make it extra hot so that it would still be warm by the time Millie woke up. Well dummy me put the formula in with the water, so that by the time the minute was up, I'd created a lake in the microwave. This time thinking I was smarter I waited until after it came out of the microwave to add the formula, without realizing that I should wait until right before Millie is actually going to drink the stuff. She of course didn't wake up for 2 hours ruining the 2nd bottle as well! Last but not least: I poured OJ over my cereal this morning and didn't notice until I took a bite!! I'm crazy. The list goes on, just ask Ryan, and if nothing else it makes for a good laugh! And poor Mil is just stuck with me every day!
Here are the latest pics of her:

She likes to burrow when she's sleeping!

Her shirt says "Naturally Chic" - I love it!

Her cute Easter dress

My sister-in-law crocheted this blanket for us, and if you'll notice her little fingers are poking through the holes.

An Easter outfit from my Mom - we can't wait for it to get a little warmer here so she can wear it outside!

Hanging out in the chair in her room
Here are the latest pics of her:

She likes to burrow when she's sleeping!

Her shirt says "Naturally Chic" - I love it!

Her cute Easter dress

My sister-in-law crocheted this blanket for us, and if you'll notice her little fingers are poking through the holes.

An Easter outfit from my Mom - we can't wait for it to get a little warmer here so she can wear it outside!

Hanging out in the chair in her room


I love that she stuck her tongue out at me, and I love this little dress!!
21 comments:
Oh how I loved reading this. It happens to everyone who has had kids. I do stuff like this all the time. You find yourself acting like such a spazz. As for the pictures of Millie, so cute!!! We can't wait until the next time we get to see her.
Leslie! Millie is sooo cute!! I can't wait until you move closer so I can babysit! :)
Leslie, she is so stinkin cute! I hear ya, I always joke that I left half my brain cells in the delivery room - and now that I have two .... its like I have no brain cells left!
LOL!!! I totally now what you are talking about getting dumber. :0) Millie is so cute, I can't wait to meet her. By the way, church is at 1:00. See you soon.
I love all the pictures of Millie! I totally need a copy of that picture of her with her fingers in the holes of the blanket for our fridge! And the green sweater turned out adorable!
It was great to see you guys. I can't wait until you move back up here!
My mind is completely lost. Katelyn was born 17 months ago and I still don't have it back. She is so cute I can't wait till you move back.
welcome to the real world of motherhood!!! heh heh. when oh when are you coming back up? we need to do a play date. kate LOVES other kids! Millie is adorable! i updated our page, check it out.
You're not dumber, but now you just have an excuse! :) Millie is quite adorable. So where's all this red hair you keep telling me she has? She looks a little bald to me!! But she's beautiful!
Too funny! Sorry to say, but that is the Leslie we have always known...now you're just getting smarter being a mom that you finally realize it! I'm TOTALLY kidding...but seriously, wasn't it you who came to school with a different shoe on each foot? I bet you keep Ryan entertained! You are so funny - LOVE IT!
You're totally right Brit, I completely forgot about that!! I've always been a moron!
Haha, it is oh so true about being dumber after having kids! I really think they steal your brain cells! Those examples made me crack up! Can I just say that Millie is beautiful???!!! Really, she is so stinkin' cute! All the pics and her outfits are just to die for! By the way, when are you and Ryan planning on moving back? Another weird connection... Kit mentioned that he might help out some people from Nevada that were referred to him by a guy in our old ward and said they were related to Shane Jensen! Could that be you???? Funny if it is!
Cute pictures. I am not only losing my mind but tons and tons of my hair!!! It is all worth it though.
Leslie, she is so so cute!! As far as being absent minded it only gets worse, I promise:) So when are you guys moving up here? Seems like everyone is anxious to know!:)
You are like the comment queen - you have so many!! Wow! She is cuter and cuter all the time, I love the black and white one on the side, adorable - and she has such cute clothes!! BTW - I am looking for you tickets out here
Its not you! Pregnancy really does make us loony! those pictures of Millie are the cutest! Its sad how they lose that newborn look so fast huh!
If every baby takes as much of my brain away as Nate has...I'm in trouble!
I used to put the pumped milk in the microwave, too! :)
I feel dumb leaving a message but wanted to let you know Im in the same boat! Ive noticed the stupidity has gotten better but not much. if i ever cook something in the microwave I have to let it keep beeping until i get to it otherwise I completely forget it altogether. in case you dont know, my husband served his mission with Ryan. I ran across your blog one day and now check it occasionally. Hope you dont mind...
Oh come on Les, we all knew you were a little corky before you had a baby! Jokes, I've heard of that happening, my friend once put the milk in the cupboard and the cereal in the fridge after breakfast and didn't notice till the next day! Funny times!
I've had two kids, I'm not dummer.
She is such a cutie. I love her in dresses, if I had a girl she would wear dresses all the time. About losing your mind, try after 2 kids. I'm the biggest idiot around.
I've done the same things. Like frying pans in the fridge, cold stuff put away in the pantry, Taking my kids places without shoes. I say it only gets worse. Haha! ~Brianna
Post a Comment