6.26.2008

My Not-So-Secret Passions

Lately I have found myself being totally addicted to a few things and I figured I'd share them:

I'm sure you've all seen the annoying commercials by now for the new frosty shakes from Wendy's. Well I gotta tell ya, the strawberry one is sooooo good!! If you're looking for a new treat to cool you off in this summer heat, go get one of these. I have now had one 3 days in a row, and I can't help myself! When I pass a Wendy's now I have to fight myself from stopping off to grab one. Next time you see me if I have some pink stuff in the corners of my lips, you'll know what it's from!


Now I KNOW I'm not the only one that shares this addiction - The Bachelorette. This season has been so unbelievably good, and now that we finally joined the 21st century and have DVR, I haven't missed an episode. However, I am so crushed at this last weeks episode, as I LOVE Graham! And so does DeAnna!! She is going to regret sending him home, I just know it. I'm hoping that she makes Bachelorette history and brings him back (it could happen, right?!) I actually like Jesse and Jason, but if she chooses Jeremy I'm going to be ticked! Seriously, it's a good thing I watched this weeks episode while Ryan was asleep 'cause I laughed, I cried...a lot, I got butterflies on her date with Graham, and then I was totally let down - Ryan would have totally made fun of me, but I don't care. I seriously cannot wait until next Monday. Until then, I'll just keep replaying this weeks episode - I know I'm pathetic, but I love reality TV!



Why are most of my passions food?? If you haven't tried the Laughing Cow cheese wedges, then I suggest you head to the grocery store right now and pick some up! My sister introduced me to this, and I am hooked! The best part is that you can buy the reduced fat wedges, and I actually think they are better tasting than the original. And there are only 2 grams of fat in each wedge, which is a healthy alternative to what snacks I usually eat. Try it with some reduced fat Wheat Thins and I'm telling you you'll have a new favorite snack!

Shopping is probably my biggest passion....and weakness! It's been hard to control myself these days, especially with a new house, but I've been getting better! I just have to talk about one of my favorite stores lately - good 'ole . Now I know we've all been there a trillion times, and I swear it's a hit and miss store. But lately, every time I walk in there I'm loving their stuff! I got the cutest rug for my back door and it goes perfect with the colors I'm using in my great room/dining room/kitchen area (it's all basically one room!) I also got some adorable new plates for my plate rack that are just so fun. And I have my eyes on a few other things that I'm hoping to pick up eventually (once I get a freakin' job and some money!). They have their big sale going on right now, so check it out.


And lastly, little Mil is really my biggest passion! I have loved being able to witness these first 5 months of her life. She is such a fun little baby, and her personality is starting to be so strong - she's as stubborn as her mama! I love watching her experience things for the first time, watching her when she falls asleep and the cute noises she makes, and seeing how excited she gets when she sees her bottle! Lately, she has so much energy - she is always jumping and kicking when you hold her, it is so funny! All in all, I'm so lucky to be her mom!



18 comments:

Jessica said...

Her little faces she is pulling in those pictures are so cute!! What a doll! That is so funny about the Bachelorette, I am actually not watching it, I am re-reading the Twlight books and so can't rip myself away from those, but my friend watches it and said she cried like 5 times last episode and she says she is not a cryer - so it must have been a good one :)

The Baker said...

Oh Leslie I am so with you on the Graham thing.....so so so HOT! Infact a couple of weeks agao as I was watching I was thinking, maybe if I have a boy Graham is a great name.....I'm not kidding its like my favorite boy name right now! Me and my sister were really upset to. We feel the same about Jeremy and I kind of feel sad for the others because I know she likes Graham more than any of them! Oh I just LOVE the drama and can't wait until monday either!

Steph said...

Awww, she is so cute. I bet you are such a fun mom! Can't wait to meet Millie in August.

Mike and Jill said...

Oh my heck! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who cried on Monday! When Jason saw his son and had to leave him and then when she sent Graham home! They were totally in love! I love this show and I look forward to it every week!! Now I hope Jason wins. Those are really cute pics of Millie. I still need to meet her. We need to plan a play date! FOR REAL!

Jon said...

I am sure that Ryan is just as excited about the adorable new plates for your plate rack that are just so fun.

John and Erin said...

Leslie!!! It's been forever. I was so excited when I saw your name on millis blog. This is your old roomie by the way. You're little girl is darling. I'm obsessed with reality tv too. What would we do without it. And I'm a little ticked that you took a liking to graham... he's the biggest dirtbag ever. Say Hi to Ryan for me too.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Millie looks like such a big girl! She's getting so old. She's going to be a whole new person by the time I see her again!

Now on to your other favorites . . .
- I'm glad you reminded me about the cheese. That's added to my grocery list.
- Pier One is definitely on a good streak with their merchandise.
- And most importantly, the bachelorette! I think Graham is VERY attractive but so not "marriage material." He's kind of a jerk when you think about it. I think that's why she likes him the most . . . is because he's not always all about Deanna. I'm hoping it's Jason. I like him and Ty needs a mama. I'm hoping I can watch it in Hawaii! :)

B said...

Leslie! I LOVE the Bachelorette! I cried so hard last episode too! We should watch together! You still haven't called me to babysit...

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You're small enough to fit in my suitcase. Just be in Vegas tomorrow night and we'll load ya in. :)

3 Men & a Lady said...

Well I have to agree on a few things too...
1. Millie is a complete DOLL and I can totally understand why you adore her so much. Her faces and that outfit... ADORABLE!
2. I am totally addicted to the Bacherlorette! We still haven't joined the 21st century and don't have a DVR, so Kit just has to suffer through the episodes. He's actually enjoyed this one because he thinks "Snowboarder Jesse" is cool! I was crushed about Graham (he is gorgeous and he was my favorite IMMEDIATELY), and DeAnna was too. I would love to see her bring him back and make history! I do have to say that I'm rooting for either Jesse or Jason. I think Jason is probably the best fit. And when he was reunited with his son... TEARS!
3. Pier One is one of my top 5 favorite stores. I just love their flare and unique style!

I have yet to try the cheese wedges (I'm sure I'd LOVE them as cheese is my favorite food!) and the strawberry Frosties. Thanks for all the recommendations!

familyof4 said...

Leslie,

I forgot to email you a invite to my blog. It's been awhile, sorry about that! If you want to be added email your email address to me. karalwood@yahoo.com

I grew up eating those cheese wedges! yummy!! What a great idea to eat with wheat things! mmmm =)

I haven't had wendy's shakes yet, but I recently tried the new smoothie and jack n' the box and LOVED their organge sunrise. ;)

Hope everything is going well!

Katie said...

I think blue and white are Millie's colors. She just looks so dang cute. Can't wait to get her and Dani together again. I know Dani misses kissing her!

Andrus Family said...

So I rarely check our blog any more because my wife has taken it over, but this morning I found this little gem of an entry. Despicable! Now I know why she keeps telling me that we're going to name our first son Graham. Not a chance!
Oh and by the way ladies, this is something to cry about: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3432355

Nick and Amera said...

Im so with ya on the pier one imports addiction! I just bought a bed from there! So impulsive!!! I loved that post, your so funny! Millie is so cute, love her little faces she makes! come get your hair cut and bring that little girl with so I can see her!!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

Les, I think I'm the only one that was in love with Graham... everyone thinks I'm crazy because he is such a jerk, but maybe that is what we like... but its a good thing we didn't marry the jerks. I have got to try one of those strawberry frosties too! Thanks for the great info.

Jillian said...

Okay, so I deleted your email address from my blog and I can't find where I put it. Re: Deron, Leyah requested an exit interview with Wayne and HR. She "blew the whistle" and HR did an investigation (interviewed employees) for two days. I don't know everything that was said, but at the end of the day Deron was terminated. I would not still be with Pulte if he was still my manager. He was the worst manager I have ever had.

I don't know if you heard but Ed Miller, Mona Miller's husband died last weekend of cancer. It's very sad and seemed to happen so quickly. Keep her in your prayers.

Brad said...

Awesome I found the blog! Just what I was looking for pictures, pics. and more pics. It looks great; keep it up!

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

I have to say that I was really happy to see Graham go. Jesse is way better for DeAnna. She made a good choice. I think they will be happy together. It was cool to see Matt and Shayne still together too.