
Don't you just love when you get to reconnect with a friend that you haven't seen in years? Last night I was able to go to a baby shower for one of my oldest friends, and she's actually the person I named my baby after (just spelled differently). Milli Jones and I first met when we were like 5 years old, and she would go play at her grandma's house which was behind mine. Her grandma eventually moved, and we of course lost touch until we were about 12. We then ended up being on the same softball team for the next several years, and were inseparable. I stopped playing softball when I was 17, but we kept in touch through high school sports. And we actually ended up being college roommates our Freshman year down in Provo - she went to BYU and I went to UVSC. We had such a fun year and most of my memories include her. I got married the following summer, and just lost touch with my roomies, including Milli. However, through the wonderful world of blogging, we have found each other again and I know that we'll be better at keeping in

touch. So back to last night - it was fun to introduce Millie to her namesake. I always told myself that if I ever have a little red headed girl, that I would name her after Milli, 'cause she was the cutest redhead I knew. And as luck would have it, that's exactly what happened! Thanks Mil, it was good to see you again!
1 comment:
Wow Les, I feel so special to get my own post! It was amazing to see you on Monday. I really felt like we have been in touch through all these years. That must mean we are meant to be friends forever! We will for sure be better at keeping in touch. I'm so thrilled to have finally met little Millie; she is the cutest! Love ya.
Post a Comment