1.27.2008

A warm, wet welcome to parenthood!

Last night we got our first real experience with being new parents. We were giving Millie a sponge bath, and I was holding her in a towel while Ryan would get the washcloth wet and wipe her body. As I was holding her, I suddenly got soaking wet on my leg, and I proceeded to get mad at Ryan for dumping water on me. He quickly denied it, and then I looked down and realized that my daughter was peeing on my leg, and I swear it's the most she's ever peed! We both sat there laughing as we realized what our lives have come to, but we wouldn't change a thing. We love little Millie so much and I honestly can't imagine life without her!! Plus she's so dang cute, how could I get mad over a wet leg!
Here are some more pictures of Millie:


13 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

OH man! You are officially parents when you've been peed on. Just wait until it's poop. :)

She is adorable!

Steph said...

Awww. She is so cute!! And Leslie, you look great! Hope you are feeling OK.

Camille said...

I love the bows!! Girls are soooo fun aren't they!?
I have to laugh, your blog sounds just like McKells (parkinson). When they first had their boy about 4-5 months ago her 1st blog was about the same. They got peed on and pooped on! LOL You can't be a true parents till you've been peed, pooped and puked on! LOL
So fun, Leslie. Hopefully I'll get out that way before you move and get to see the lil Millie. By the way, you look too good for just having a baby. hardly a belly left!

The Hammonds said...

She is soooo cute! I can't wait to see her. I had to laugh at your story since I had a similar experience this morning as I gave Marshall a bath, only boys are a little different. All the sudden there was a fountain of pee that pretty much covered the kitchen.

What is great too is that you have already made the transition of having pottying be a part of your everyday conversations with Ryan. Isn't it great?!?! You look good and seem to be loving parenting. Congratulations again!

Phil Scoville said...

At least it wasn't the welcome I received from Oscar, when he shot one straight at my face. Welcome to parenthood. We think you look good Leslie. Millie is adorable.

Mike and Jill said...

Leslie, Are you sure you just had a baby? You look awesome! She is so cute. Just wait till she poops all over you!

Jessica said...

She looks like she is already changing - she is so cute!! And ditto everyone else, you look far to skinny already! Not fair!

The Cook Clan said...

She is adorable. Ya that sounds like a baby. Our little Mckenna shot poop all over our bathroom wall when I was giving her a sponge bath. Aren't they so much fun? How could we not love them?

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

That is too funny! Yeah like Camille said we had a similar experience. We still laugh about it! You look great and Millie is really cute. Good luck!

Katie said...

It's only just begun! But it's all worth it, isn't it!

Jon said...

If Millie were a boy youwould have got it in the eye

The Roe Family said...

she is so sweet. chase's specialty was squirting poo. i want to come see her sometime but we have all been sick.

3 Men & a Lady said...

Congratulations, Leslie! Millie is beautiful. I'm sure you are an amazing mom... pee, spit-up, interrupted sleep and all! I am so happy for you and your husband. It is such an incredible honor to be parents! :)